Chocolate Chunk Tahini Cookies: Vegan & Gluten Free
I'm a self professed cookie addict. I currently eat more staight-up dark craft chocolate, but enjoy it just as much in cookie dough and other recipes. I have to say I've never worked with an easier combination of ingredients -- no creaming the butter, no chia eggs, just whole ingredients blended to chunky perfection.
5 tablespoons raw Tahini (avoid those with extra oils, salt, or sugar)
2 tablespoons toasted or raw sesame seeds
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 1/4 cup rolled oats (gluten free or regular)
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1/8 cup of cacao nibs
1/4 cup of WKND Chocolate (or your favorite craft chocolate; try 100% cacao for a refined sugar free cookie)
1. Preheat oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, until fully combined. Ensure the tahini butter has been blended throughly.
3. Retrieve a Silpat sheet or place parchment paper on a baking sheet
4. Spoon the dough onto the sheet roughly the width of a silver dollar (they'll be a bit lumpy, that's OK)
5. Bake until edges are brown, ~11 minutes. Cool just a couple minutes to solidify, and then transfer to a cooking rack
6. After cookies have cooled, store in an airtight container to maintain moisture and soft bite
Let me know on instagram or Twitter @wkndchocolate if you make a batch!