Episode 2: Estelle Tracy of 37 Chocolates
Description: Episode 2 with Estelle Tracy of 37 Chocolates. She is an author, bilingual blogger, YouTuber, and chocolate educator based out of Pennsylvania, USA.
Themes discussed in this episode:
- Estelle's foray into craft & fine chocolate; how her 37th birthday sparked food discovery
- Consumer hurdles and hesitation (regarding price, ingredient knowledge)
- How a chocolate maker's confidence/story can better be told via packaging
- Utilizing various social media outlets for your personal brand
- The importance of people throughout the supply and production chain
Related links from episode:
Other chocolate bloggers: Amber of Chocolate Disorder & Lori at Time to Eat Chocolate
Charm School Chocolate in Baltimore, MD
Choco Rush - craft dark chocolate subscription box
Chuao; fun bars (not bean to bar) with the likes of potato chips, 'firecrackers', etc.
What artisan chocolate Estelle would eat in the Cosmos:
- Chocolate bars from Mackenzie at Map Chocolate, Eugene, OR
- Drinking chocolate from Chocolate Alchemist, Philadelphia, PA
- Truffles from Violet Sky Chocolate
Side note: Cacao Altanta was the first craft chocolate bar that stopped Estelle in her tracks
Where to find Estelle & 37 Chocolates:
Chocolate blog & Website: http://37chocolates.com
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mrscroissant
Estelle's blog "Le hamburger et le croissant": http://terellita.blogspot.com
Her food survival guide for French expats in the US: https://gumroad.com/l/ZiAk (only available in French at this time).